Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Who wants to go swimming?


I love to go swimming. I like going with friends, playing king of the hill, underwater tag, random games of competition. I love swimming laps and just being surrounded by water in general.

However, there isn't really any reason I should have such an affinity for this activity seeing as I am currently living in Wisconsin, and swimming is an activity that you can only participate in for about 3 months out of our year. In this great state of Wisconsin I am not alone in my desires, though I like to think I exercise a bit more propriety in expressing my fervent desire to jump in the water and soak up as much vitamin D as possible. Meaning I swim alone and with "proper" attire (interpret how you wish).

Still, I have been trying to figure out where I got this ridiculously strong desire to jump into any body of water that is respectably warm enough. It hit me while I was watching this fantastic movie from...well a long time ago...it's called "Cheaper By the Dozen" and it is a classic story of a strong conservative father and 12 kids coming of age, dating, and going swimming at a public beach etc.. Either way these old movies always have a beach scene of some kind. I would always begin day dreaming about being at some beach somewhere and getting to lay in the sun all day while jumping in and out of the water.

Either way it is around 32 degrees today and apart from the extra chub that's sitting around my mid section, I can't think of anything I would rather do than jump right into the ocean. Oh well, 10 more months to day dream in a florescent lit room with gray carpet and white, white walls...

Anyone want to go swimming?

No comments:

Post a Comment